MOM'S POSTS WILL BE IN BLUE. MINE WILL BE WHITE.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dream Drops

On this program you have to be very careful about the personal products that you use.  Many things contain oil and will stall your weight loss.  Mom and I read the instructions a few weeks ago so I placed a big order on VitaCost before coming to AZ.  I wish I would have had time to do more research on the diet before becuase I could have saved us a lot of money by ordering things like Stevia and Tea online.  Nonetheless, we got oil free facial moisturizer (Alba - it rocks,) Crystal deodorant, which seems to be working really well for me and natural toothpaste (yuck!,) ahead of time.  I had to venture all the way to another town in central Illinois to find Philosophy mineral foundation - gotta have make up!  Mom is using Bare Minerals but I it makes my skin red so I decided on Philosophy (I bought the Lancome brush and love it by the way.) 

My flat iron died the day before we left for Arizona. I promptly ordered a new one from Folica.com and had it shipped here; it came last night. I had not flat ironed my hair in a week so I was looking forward to looking polished today. Normally I use a serum by S Factor called Dream Drops to smooth my hair and provide a barrier of protection for the flat iron - but I didn't bring my Dream Drops because I knew I wouldn't be able to use it on this diet. I debated the merits of flat ironing without a serum and went for it anyway. It turned out okay. Not quite a polished as normal but geez, my hubby is 1400 miles away, I'm not trying to impress anyone.

Okay on to the good stuff.  HCG Day 7:  1.4 lbs gone.  We shot up in Mom's bathroom again today.  I spent the morning busy, checking email and following up on some work items.  I had 24 ounces of water this morning before we even thought about our morning "breakfast" tea.  I made breakfast for the girls and didn't even think about wanting a bite of anything.  The HCG is definitely kicking in.  I feel wonderful!

Mom and I met with Dr. M. today.  He has so much good information.  We are doing our appointments together which I'm sure saves some time, but we gab so much I think we're putting him behind schedule.  10 pounds gone from last weeks weigh in.  That's a pretty solid number since I wore the same outfit for the official weigh-in today.  Mom was a bit bummed this morning because she lost less than a pound.  Her total is four pounds for the week.  She was obsessing about it all morning.  I kept telling her that she has less to lose so she probably won't lose as much as me.  Dr. M., in his infinite doctor wisdom, was able to explain that we will lose a percentage of our body weight.  So comparing mom's pound-loss to mine is not fair since I have significantly more weight to lose.  We got our new supplies and went off to a health food store for looking for flavored stevia. 

We found several flavors of stevia.  Apricot (Dr. M. says this is good with green tea,) Orange, Chocolate, Toffee.  We got plain and toffee.  After a busy day we took Dad and the girls to Elephant Bar for dinner.  Mom and I ate our diet dinner before leaving and planned to have coffee with the new toffee stevia drops.  We were both a bit worried about going out with the family for dinner, but I'm happy to report that it wasn't hard at all.  It was actually fun to admire the presentation of the food.  The coffee was fantastic; the new stevia drops are like a dream . . . hey, I wonder if they could tame my wild hair.

P.S.  We were not drinking nearly enough water!!  We are supposed to drink a gallon of water per day.  When we started I asked mom how many ounces is in a gallon and, distracted, she said 64.  (8, 8 oz glasses per day, yep that sounds right)  It turns out we're both ding-dongs.  There are 128 ounces in a gallon.  DUH!!!

1 comment:

  1. Really apprecited your blog. I just started the supplements and was a bit worried. Your word sound reassuring. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete