MOM'S POSTS WILL BE IN BLUE. MINE WILL BE WHITE.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Around the Corner

HCG Day 5: Well I'm happy to report that mom and I both feel way better today.  That burst of energy I was feeling last night was still there when I woke up this morning.  I'm down 2.6 lbs.  We're going shopping again today.  I've been looking up recipes for salad dressing because the apple cider vinegar alone makes us gag. 

We found a good recipe for dressing using strawberries.  Now we have to give up most of our strawberries for snack but that's okay.  Neither mom or I is feeling quite as hungry today. 

Strawberry Vinaigrette (enjoy with arugula salad)


Ingredients:
Strawberries (1 handful)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Dash of salt
Dash of cayenne (optional, but awesome)
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Stevia to taste


This recipe made enough for two salads so we had this on arugula with 3.5 oz of crab and two sliced strawberries each.  I could have done without the berries on the salad.  The Cayenne in the dressing made it taste a bit like cocktail sauce.  It was wonderful with the crab.  Thank God for Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment