MOM'S POSTS WILL BE IN BLUE. MINE WILL BE WHITE.

Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm Hungry, What?


This has always been my favorite Easter greeting.  My girls saw it for the first time this year.  Now they have a little inside joke with each other, whenever one says 'my butt hurts' the other says 'what?'

Today I feel like the buttless bunny.  Zombie-eyed and wanting empathy.  Of course, my mom, my partner on this adventure, feels great.  She's a little hungry but not very.  I'm hoping it's just my monthly gift that causing me to feel this way.  Finger's crossed.

HGC Day 3:  Today we shot-up in mom's bathroom.  I'm up 1.2 lbs.  It is my monthly gift or the beef stroganoff?  Hmmm.

We started our day with green tea which I sweetened with stevia.  Mom and I cooked chicken on the George Foreman Grill and portioned out broccoli and strawberries. Dad went to golf and Mom had to go help my nephew so my girls and I spent the day poolside swimming and playing.  I had six strawberries for a snack.  I was starving by 11:00 when I prepared my 'lunch' consisting 3.5 ounces of chicken (before cooking,) 3.5 ounces of broccoli and one grossino bread stick.  My daughter asked for PB&J.  I'm not a peanut butter eater, but as I spread the chunky peanut butter onto the bread I was tempted to take a big lick on the knife.  My willpower held out. 

I have to admit I was still hungry after lunch but I kept myself busy with the girls.  Later in the afternoon I had an apple.  I was still hungry afterward but we went out shopping and that helped to keep my mind of food.

Dr. M. warned us that we might get hypoglycemic and feel grumpy. If we do we're supposed to eat a few grapes. I did feel a little crabby today, but I think mostly because I'm frickin' HUNGRY. And to be honest mom isn't hungry so that might make me a little grumpier.  It's helping to stay busy.

For dinner mom and I had spinach with crab and a piece of Melba toast.  We made a salad dressing with apple cider vinegar, basil, salt, pepper and stevia.  I was so hungry that even the uber-tart apple cider dressing tasted fabulous.  I was finally full for the first time all day.

Thank God for my mom! Doing this together makes it totally do-able, even if she isn't as hungy as me. She's my best friend and even though it's hard to choke down apple cider dressing -without any oil - we're making it fun!  I'm hungry.  What?

P.S.  Mom and I read the full diet plan from Dr. Simmeon today.  Even though Dr. M. says we can have broccoli we should probably not eat it. In addition it says some people need to stop the HCG shot during their cycle, while some do okay.  Some lose weight some don't.  I'm going to keep doing the shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment